Who we are
We are GeoKai Ltd, a private limited company incorporated in (and subject to the laws of) England and Wales, our registration number is 12928340. Our registered address is at GeoKai Ltd. 1 Elizabeth Gardens, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, England LN8 3DQ
Who this policy applies to
What data we collect and why
Personal data is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our products and services).
We may collect, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which is as follows:
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Identity and Contact Data: includes first name, last name, email address, username or similar identifier we collect when you create an account with us, given us feedback or leave a review, or where you enter a prize draw, competition, promotion or survey with us.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and any third parties and your communication preferences. Where you have consented, we use your personal data to contact you about how we can help you find products and services.
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data and any technology on the devices you use to access the website and/or app.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our website, app, products and services.
- Correspondence: We collect any additional personal data that you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our website, including where you use the integrated messaging functionality, or by any other means. If you contact us by telephone, we may record the call and make notes in relation to your call for training and service improvement purposes, to comply with our legal obligations and to be able to deal with any dispute or defence of a claim which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you. If you use our messaging functionality, we will store the messages in line with our retention policy.
We also obtain information about you from other sources:
- Cookies and similar technologies: We track your use of our website through cookies and other similar technologies so that we can provide important features and functionality on our website, monitor its usage, and provide you with a more personalised experience.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.